It was brought to my attention today that I haven’t blogged in a while. Frankly, I’ve just been doing so much of everything that I haven’t really been able to focus on blogging about any one thing. I am in the middle of stripping and staining our mantle, working on my photography, freelancing, a few things here and there for the house, teaching spinning, working my actual job, taking care of the kids…and then there is the matter of a bunch of random 50s furniture I bought rather too impulsively at a thrift store.

But I did make a new wreath, and that I can quickly blog about. I set out to make this one that I found on Pinterest:

So I bought all the tulle and took apart my old fall wreath that I’d made eons ago. But it was a grapevine wreath so when I tried to tie the tulle around it like the Pinterest wreath, it didn’t work out so well. Instead I just started tying it into knots in the front. It looked good so I went with it.

I didn’t really measure, I just kind of cut, tied, and then cut at it again till it looked “right.”

I think it turned out pretty good.

The naked bits.

Materials.

Nearly finished but dammit if I didn’t run out of two of the colors.

Ta da. I trimmed it down a bit but otherwise I think it looks pretty good.

Advertisements